Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Seal a Weft, save a Weave

This is totally random, but I promise it's helpful. You know how we spend tons on the Brazilian, Peruvian, Madagascan etc hair(lol) and you go to get it installed, and they cut the wefts so it can have a streamlined look? The disadvantage about that is the weave starts to unravel. And that's quite annoying not only because you leave hair everywhere, but with another install you may have to buy another pack. Which in the long run isn't cost effective... That's when you find it shedding so badly. There is a remedy which a dear friend shared with me. Buy super glue, even from the dollar store. When they stylist cuts the weave, ask her to put just a drop of the glue at the cut ends. It seals the weft and will not let your weave unravel. This works for synthetic hair too. Just ask the stylist to be extremely careful while sealing and make sure it dries before putting it on your hair. Try it, tell me what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ive seen somethin called weave weft sealer, what about that?

9jaFOODie said...

Hann....I will be trying this out when I fix my weave next week.

Nnenna Ngoka said...

Oooooh very very good tip!! I will try that out next time I get a weave done :)

Beauty Magnet said...

Thanks girls! @ anon there is a weft sealer you can get at some beauty supply stores, but the glue does the same job and is easily obtainable. Cheers.